‘Optimize Database after Deleting Revisions’, a WordPress plugin by CAGE Web Design | Rolf van Gelder.
This plugin is a ‘one click’ WordPress database cleaner and optimizer.
- Deletes redundant revisions of posts and pages. (You optionally can keep an ‘x’-amount of the most recent revisions)
- Deletes trashed posts, pages and comments (optional)
- Deletes spammed comments (optional)
- Deletes unused tags (optional)
- Deletes ‘orphan postmeta items’
- Deletes ‘expired transients’
- Optimizes the database tables (you can exclude tables for optimization)
- Creates a log file of the optimizations (optional)
- Optimization can be scheduled to automatically run once hourly, twice daily, once daily or once weekly (optional)
Go to http://wordpress.org/plugins/rvg-optimize-database/ and download the latest version of the plugin.
- Upload the Plugin to the
- Activate the plugin in WP Admin Panel » Plugins
You can find the settings page in WP Admin Panel » Settings » Optimize DB Options.
You can start it from the WP Admin Toolbar for the real ‘One Click’ experience (if enabled):
You always can start the Optimization in WP Admin Panel » Tools » Optimize Database.
Note: if you use the Scheduler the Optimization will run automatically!
Then, on the next screen, click on the ‘Start Optimization‘-button et voila!
Check out the Product Reviews!