‘Optimize Database after Deleting Revisions’, a WordPress plugin by CAGE Web Design | Rolf van Gelder.
This plugin is a ‘one click’ WordPress database cleaner and optimizer.
- Deletes revisions of posts, pages and / or custom post types (you optionally can keep an ‘x’-amount of the most recent revisions and you can choose to delete revisions older than…)
- Deletes trashed posts, pages and comments (optional)
- Deletes spammed comments (optional)
- Deletes unused tags (optional)
- Deletes ‘expired or all transients’ (optional)
- Deletes ‘pingbacks’ and ‘trackbacks’ (optional)
- Deletes ‘orphan postmeta items’
- Optimizes the database tables (you can exclude tables for optimization)
- Creates a log file of the optimizations (optional)
- Optimization can be scheduled to automatically run once hourly, twice daily, once daily or once weekly (optional)
- ‘Optimize DB (1 click)’ link in the admin bar (optional)
- ‘Optimize Database’ Icon in the admin menu (optional)
- MULTISITE compatible: optimizes all sites in the network with one click
Go to http://wordpress.org/plugins/rvg-optimize-database/ and download the latest version of the plugin.
- Upload the Plugin to the
- Activate the plugin in WP Admin Panel » Plugins
Starting the Analysis / Optimization
You can start the Optimization in the WP Admin Panel » Optimize Database.
Note: if you use the Scheduler the Optimization will run automatically!
Note: you also can click the ‘Optimize DB (1 click)’ link in the admin bar (if enabled)
You can click one of the following buttons:
‘Analyze (summary): analyzes the database and gives the count of what will be cleaned
‘Analyze (detail): analyzes the database and gives a detailed report of what will be deleted
‘Optimize (summary): actually deletes the items and gives the count of what has been deleted
‘Optimize (detail): actually deletes the items and gives a detailed report of what has been deleted
You can find the settings page in the WP Admin Panel » Settings » Optimize Database -or- via the WP Admin Panel » Optimize Database icon (depends on settings)
Delete revisions for the following (custom) post type(s):
Advise: just check them all.
Delete revisions older than XXX day(s)
Only revisions made more than XXX day(s) will be deleted.
Maximum number of – most recent – revisions to keep per post / page
Specify how many revisions you want to keep per post / page.
Fill ‘0’ in if you want to get rid of ALL revisions.
Delete trashed items
Delete all items that have been moved to the trash can by the editor(s) of the site.
Delete spammed items
Delete all items that have been marked as ‘spam’ by one of the editor (s) or by a plugin
(for instance Akismet)
Delete unused tags
Delete tags that are in the tags list but are not used in the site.
Delete (expired) transients
Transients are temporary ‘cookies’, stored in the database.
You can choose to:
– delete NO transients at all
– delete ALL transients
– delete ‘EXPIRED’ transients only
‘Expired transients’ are old transients that are fairly useless.
Delete pingbacks and trackbacks
Clear oEmbed cache
oEmbeds are media filles that are cached in the database.
It makes media files to load faster on the site.
Often it are leftovers of media files that have been removed.
Therefore it’s useful to clear them every now and then.
Orphans are records in the POSTMETA table that are pointing at a non-existing post record in the POSTS table.
Optimize InnoDB tables too
If your database is using InnoDB tables instead of MyISAM tables, you can choose if they should be optimized or not.
Keep a log
Keep a log of the optimization or not. The log will be stored in the database.
Run the optimization automatically or not
The options are HOURLY, TWICE A DAY, DAILY, WEEKLY or MONTHLY.
Show ‘1-click’ link in Admin Bar
Show a button in the Admin Bar (top of the WP Dashboard)
Show an icon in the Admin Menu
Show an icon in the Admin Menu (left column of the WP Dashboard)
- Install the plugin as Network Administrator (Network Admin » Plugins)
- ‘Network Activate’ the plugin
- The settings are the same for ALL sites in the network, so if you change a setting for one site, it will be used for all other sites.
- If you run the plugin from any of the sites, it will cleanup ALL the sites in the network!
Check out the Product Reviews!
- 10 Quick Ways to Clean Up and Optimize Your WordPress Site
- 12+ Best WordPress Plugins to Cleanup and Optimize Database and Improve Performance
- 8 Plugins That Make Troubleshooting WordPress a Breeze
- Best WordPress Plugins
- Delete WordPress Post Revisions, Control Post Revisions
- Deleting WordPress Revisions
- Have you optimized your WordPress MySQL database lately?
- How to Delete WordPress Post Revisions
- How to Manage WordPress Post Revisions and Control Your Past
- How to Optimize WordPress Revisions for Faster Performance
- Los Mejores Plugins para WordPress
- Optimize Database – Tidy Repo
- Optimize Database after Deleting Revisions Plugin
- Optimize your WordPress Database Using RVG Optimize Database Plugin
- Optimizing Your WordPress Database – A Complete Guide
- Painlessly Remove Post Revisions From Your WordPress Database
- Safely Deleting WordPress Post Revisions
- WordPress Database Plugin Options to Speed up Your Database
- WordPress Plugin Reviews