How to install OpenElec / XBMC Media Center on your Raspberry PI?
You can turn your PI into a Media Center for playing Music, Videos and showing Pictures using the OpenElec image.
Here’s how to install it.
- download the latest OpenElec image from http://openelec.thestateofme.com/
- run the SDFormatter to format your SD-card (download from: https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/)
keep all the defaults while running SDFomatter
- use win32diskimager to write the image to your SD-card (download from: https://launchpad.net/win32-image-writer/+download)
- if you want to make a ssh connection to your PI use: usercode = root; password = openelec (usercode and password cannot be changed!)
- you cannot use any remote desktop with OpenElec (it doesn’t support X!)
To stream music, videos and pictures from your (SAMBA) network drive:
- on the XBMC screen navigate to System > OpenElec > Services and ENABLE Samba